We talked about
– how she rolled into agile
– How although she considers herself an #introvert, in many cases she is the first person to speak in her team
– Cultural difference between her #culture and my western culture.
– A #scrummaster has a guiding role
– Being a new girl many times as a result of her family moving a lot.
– I am my worst critic
– Imposter syndrome
-In her extended original family, the culture is that the eldest take care of their younger siblings.
– Her first personal growth decisions, and what made it possible.
– Cultural difference between her culture and my western culture.
– It takes a village to raise a child.
– Being where she is now, is her biggest achievement
– Embrace #change
– Be ok to divorce from your #opinion
– So what?
– Remote working during #covid, gave me a flexibility that I did not know I wanted needed it.
– Humans adopt.
– #RemoteWork requires discipline, discipline to stop working.
– When she started working, she learned to work: I go to the office and then I come back.
– Know your enemy & your biggest enemy is yourself
– Not assuming her husband speaks for her, can be seen as disrespectful in some cultures
Survival guide for Women in IT (Anna Fiofilova)
Su invites Pendo Manjele