I have teenagers that sometimes think that the decision what they will study is the most important decision of their life.
I disagree. Here is the top ten career choices I already made in my life:
1) volunteer in a youthclub, some of my friends, turned it into a job
2) worked in a children playground
3) DJ at the youthclub and even worked a full summer as a DJ, in the south of France
4) Wrote songs for some local bands
5) software support
7) software trainer
8) agile coach
9) Wrote & published + 30 books
10) Blogger & Youtube
And I don’t plan to stick only to these choices for the rest of my life. Here are some of the books that helped me and friends to think about designing our life.
What books would you add?
If you like this book list: have a look at the bottom of this page for more book lists…
Coaching and managing people is first and foremost about listening to people.
A skill we don’t learn in most schools. The listening we learn in school is about being able to reproduce (at worst) and to think (at best).
The listening I’m most interesting today is to feel and empathize.
What books would you add to this list?
Full transparency: most links on these list use amazon affiliates links.