We talked about:
– what he learned from the #codereviews of his first boss
– Cofinding a web company before the webs had really taken off
– Why he prefer to focus on the #impact over the feature he delivers
– Working while being in school.
– Something I don’t know how to do it, and then I work with other people and together we found a way
– What skills do I need to learn to be able to do the job what I want to in 10 years….
– Let’s leave the world in a betting ter place than when I was born
– Having impact is impossible by myself.
– How what he learned from #writing his first book, influenced how he wrote his second book
– Involve people at the level they feel conformable.
– What kind of impact we want to have
– Alexis prefer to focus on impact then on features
– If you work remote, hold a few remote off-sites every year and plan that ahead of time.
– You can use impact mapping in a lot of different context, including for yourself.
– Learn about the business of your company.
(And the accountancy etc)
– Are you hiring for the jobs of today or the jobs of in 5 years?
– The Leprechauns of Software Engineering (Laurent Bossavit)
– The Founder’s Dilemma (Noam Wasserman)
– The e-myth (Michael E. Gerber – Beyond The E-Myth)
– Impact mapping (Gojko Adzic)
– Changing Your Team From The Inside (Alexis Monville)
– I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge (Alexis Monville)
– Gojko Adzic