#Interview with Scarlett Sahota for the #video edition of Who is #agile (#WIa057)
We talked about:
– Ignoring the people when going for an outcome
– Not noticing the changes when they are happening.
– When you point out things to #teenagers, they might not accept it right now, yet they do hear you.
– Little things would stick.
– It was #normal, but it was not everyone’s normal.
– Being the oldest and feeling responsible for some parts of the family. (Called #parentification)
– It’s about find people that care about you.
– Trying 7 different jobs
– She love helping people in a job
– Taking that step back is important
– I wasn’t happy for a long time
– Every ounce of healing will help all her other problems.
– Having a high bar for herself
– I just want to wake up in the morning and be happy
– #Happy people are #fun to be around
– Being a master of #deflecting
– Acknowledging is the first step
– Its hard to brag, and still she talk about her achievements all the time
Personal agility tip:
Your team does not feel safe.
If you assume they feel safe you will likely fail.
Budgeting time/money to make sure everyone can interact in person.
Everything will feel inorganic to do virtually, so accept the discomfort and just do it.
When was the last time you reflected on a conversation that did not go the way you wanted and what was your contribution to that outcome?
Allowing someone to mentor
Not understanding e-mail
Books we talked about :
A Court of Thorns and Roses
We talk about
Michael K Sahota