Due to Covid-19, many of us are working from home.
The first agile team I was helping, back in 2005, became a virtual team after a few months.
As many of my agile friends told me, it could not work, I was very surprised to find out it did actually work.
It was a good reminder to not stay in the agile box and look at experiences of others, like open source communities etc.
In this blog post I want to group books, video’s and other resources that can help teams that work (for the first time) in a remote setting
I start with a short list of my own, and I will add the things that people advise me on twitter or linkedin.
- Work together anywhere by Lisette Sutherland & Janene-Nelson
- The year without pants by Scott Berkun
- Remote by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- From chaos to successful distributed agile teams by Johanna Rothmann & Mark Kilby
- Agile software development with distributed teams by Jutta Eckstein
- Agile software development in the large by Jutta Eckstein
- Work together anywhere TEDx talk by Lisette Sutherland
- The 21 Rules of managing remote teams by Liam Martin
- How to work remotely when you don’t want to
- Blogs post from MadeWithLove, a remote first company (or not?)
- Remote Facilitation formats by Inge Gorgon & our friends of Facilitation game labs)
- How to change your background
- Collaboration Cards by Lisette Sutherland
- a good microphone. I use a blue yeti
- a good headphone: I use a bose quietcomfort 35
- timer with background music
- Fun Retrospectives also a good tool to have people share info with eachother
- HouseParty for an alternative groupchat
- kahoot.com: learning app