Our family wishes you warm connections in 2019, with everyone important to you.
We prefer to do this by video. We started this serie of video’s as in 2007, it was impossible to select only a few pictures to create a x-mas card. Yet over the years, it became a great way to look back on our life.
In a world with smartphones where it’s very easy to snap thousands of digital pictures, most people also hardly look back at their pictures.
Creating these video’s has forced me the last ten years to take the time to review all the pictures we took during that year. (I usually start this, by looking back at all the video’s we already created.) I now consider this reviewing sacred. I’m always moved by my luck of having a wonderful partner, healthy kids and a great community supporting me.
Selecting the song gets harder every year, with kids who have now their own musical taste and not only don’t they like their parents style of music, they all like different music.
I think it’s fair to say, we all are happy with this song.
It’s incredible to realize we only live one year in our new house.
Although we still have many features to deliver, we have very fast grown used to our new place.
We have uploaded the video in HD, so you will get the best experience when you watch the video directly on youtube.
Every year at the end I take the time to put a few community projects I’m involved in, in the spotlight.
- This year I was most proud of the arduino workshop and it’s book that my 11 year old daughter created.
- Already a few years I had the idea for Tips from the trenches, after moving to the new house, I finally could take the time for it. I’m really happy that so many agile friends agreed to help out.
- Already a few years I’m leading Coderdojo Gent
- In 2007 I started a public calendar for agile conferences (Info can be found at the agile alliance website), this calendar is now maintained by 240 people. And viewed by many more)
- Already a few years I’m limiting the conferences I’m going to.
To keep connected with the local and the international community, I use two techniques:
- With my Belgium friends I do what I now call, dinner with a not so stranger
- My internationals agile friends, when you are in Belgium over the weekend, consider yourself invited to our house.