- I read a lot of books, I always have.
As a coach, I decided some years ago, that the books I read as a coach, I want to have in my possession. I decided this because I try to learn something from every book I read.
The number of books that I really have to say, I did not learn anything from is very very low.
During my coaching, I referred people to the different books I had read.
I know that not every one likes to read as much as I do, yet in every organisation there is at least someone who loves to read.
And gradually I began to bring books to the clients I was coaching.
Every company/person has their own proces for lending books.
I call my proces: the library of trust.
Here is how the Library Of Trust works:
- You select a book you would like to read
- You take a picture of you with the book
- You send this picture to my work and personal e-adres (a bookfie)
- You read the part of the book that interest you (mandatory)
- You bring the book back
- You ask me to take a picture of me with the book and send it to you (important, that way I have a trace it’s back)
I get two kind of reactions to this proces:
- Wow cool proces
- How many books have you lost already?
Ah that last question is interesting. I also bring my books to the XPdays conference and I leave them in the hotel lobby.
There I lost 2 books in the last 10 years. One of them came magically back the next year at the conference.
So I lost 1 book in 10 years.
The reaction of one of the people that asked me this question. Wow we have a very rigid proces and we loose about 1 book a year. I rest my case.