Yesterday the Belgium program Volt had a small item about the walking desk. (Thank you Renaat Toppets for warning me)
Let’s do a perfection game on the program.
What I liked:
- I learned about a company that is selling walking desks in Belgium
- they let people of a callcenter, actually use the walking desk
- they have multiple people talk about their experience.
- they ask the physiotherapist the advantages and disavantages of a walkingdesk
- they made the the health issues from sitting 8 hours clear
- they compared sitting a lot and smoking
What I would have preferred:
- They would let multiple people use it for a few days.
- They make it clear how long the people talking used the desk.
- Also let people who have are actually users of a walking desk. ( instead of the people who sale the walkdesk)
- use the word walkingdesk (or treadmill desk) like the rest of the world and not use the local brand name WalkDesk
- When the physiotherapist talks about the height problem, the height of the walking desk is adjusted, so that the desk is at the correct height for Tatyana.
- some of the footage shows people walking faster then the minimum speed. I walk almost twice as fast as what they see
- they use a desk with an electronic lift instead of a manual lift to adjust height.
- Mark Tijsman would know that although the desk is big, he can have a build-in versions.
- The computer screens where set up higher.
my experiences about my walking desk, can be found here.
2 comments on “Tatyana discovers the Walk (ing) desk”
Hi, Just created my walking desk . also going to order me a Fitbit One .. to keep my goal of 10000 steps a day .. I lost almost 10Kg weight by just changing my way of eating. Now It’s stable but I need to lose more weight. Not only to lose weight, I created my own walking desk, but also to have more exercise (movement) since I have a desk job .. Let’s see if I can hold on .. Your blog is inspiring ..
Feel free to connect on fitbit. I am only at 5.000 steps today, but I hope tonight I will fix that…