My professional life started in 1994 by doing software support for a small (7 people) IT company.
The company had a DOS program for insurance brokers. Most of their users were people who did not know much of computers.
Philippe hired me to offer free support to these people. Making his customers life as easy as possible helped the company a lot. We went from a 200 (or 300, I don’t remember anymore) customers to over 1400 customers in little over a year.
When I later started my own company in 1998, I decided I would take this to the extreme:
I offer Free Lifetime support on everything I do.
A few examples to show that I take this pretty serious:
Free support for
- every person I ever worked with
- every end-client I worked for
- the workshops I do
- the presentations I do
- the blog posts I write
- the articles I helped writing
- the Retroflections that get tweeted every day
- the agile conference calendar
- everything I tweet
- the slides I upload
- mails I write
- Open space discussions I have
- the t-shirts & coffee mugs I distribute
- the booklists I published
- the comments I write about the books I read on my kindle
- the conferences I’m starting
As I love recursive things, I do give FLS to this post about FLS.
my SLA? I guarantee a reply in 48 hours. And usually it’s a lot faster then 24 hours.
And now it’s my turn to ask for help: Will you help me finding someone who wants to create a logo for FLS?
Oh and when I say LIFE, I mean mine, not yours. 😉