A nice talk of Brene Brown
Quote’s I liked:
- These people had the courage to be imperfect
- They had the compassion to be kind to themselves first (and then to others)
- We can’t practice compassion with others, if we can’t treat ourselves kindly
- They had connection because of authenticity. they were willing to let go of who they should be, in order to be who they were.
- they fully embraced vulnerability.
- that what makes them vulnerable made them beautifull
- The willingness to :
- say I love you first
- do something where there are no guarantees
- the willingness to invest in a relationship that will or will not work out
- the way to live is with vulnerability and to stop controlling and predicting
- I lost, .. the fight but probably, won my life back…
- when we numb, we numb everything
- how blame is described in the research: a way to discharge and discomfort
- our job as a parent is: you are imperfect and you are wired for struggle but you are wurthy of love and belonging
- we prented that what we do does not have a huge impact on other people.
Thanks to Catherine Van Holder for pointing me to this video.
2 comments on “The power of vulnerability:”
Great talk. Thank you for posting this, I realize how I needed to hear that talk.
You are welcome. This video is why I talk about the burning down of my house. This video is about things I learned during bootcamp, things I learned when doing my gestalt therapy training.
It also explains why for me the perfection game is not about being perfect. (and why so many other people are blocked because of this).