A nice talk of Brene Brown
Quote’s I liked:
- These people had the courage to be imperfect
- They had the compassion to be kind to themselves first (and then to others)
- We can’t practice compassion with others, if we can’t treat ourselves kindly
- They had connection because of authenticity. they were willing to let go of who they should be, in order to be who they were.
- they fully embraced vulnerability.
- that what makes them vulnerable made them beautifull
- The willingness to :
- say I love you first
- do something where there are no guarantees
- the willingness to invest in a relationship that will or will not work out
- the way to live is with vulnerability and to stop controlling and predicting
- I lost, .. the fight but probably, won my life back…
- when we numb, we numb everything
- how blame is described in the research: a way to discharge and discomfort
- our job as a parent is: you are imperfect and you are wired for struggle but you are wurthy of love and belonging
- we prented that what we do does not have a huge impact on other people.
Thanks to Catherine Van Holder for pointing me to this video.