Last version of my PairProgramming is like sex presentation.
This presentation was first created as a presentation for students. As they loved the title I kept it. As I don’t want to offend people, the second slide of this presentation I ask the people why they think PairProgramming is like sex.
This is what today’s participants came up with:
- It’s more fun with 2 (more people)
- Share feelings warm & cuddle
- Build knowledge really fast
- Can make you sick if not done right
- Discuss what works/what not
- 2 have more idea’s
- Requires mutual consent to do it
One thing I added:
You can’t learn it from a book.
You can read the AHA wall on flickr (check for the tags to read the post it’s)
Questions that came up during the course :
- Can you PP over skype?
- Do we need somebody to ‘supervise’ the way you do PP ? (Esp in the beginning?)
- What if there’s no option posibility to use some OS/Computer
- What to do if there is a conflict between the two, a discussion??
- It can’t work with any type of character, how do you manage?
- What if one uses AZERTY and another one QWERTY keyboard?
- Doesn’t it make it harder to plan a project or
resourcespeople (Yves reframed resources to people)
- Can someone do PP with 1 person and PP for something else with another person?
- Can you get into “the zone” when you’re PP-ing?
- Does Promiscuous Pairing kill the flow? (30′ interupts)
- Why not use PP all of the time?
- PP= More talking
=more annoying for other nearby teams?
- Do you plan who is going to do what or how do you choose whose turn it is?
- Can you do PP with > 2 people?
- How do you handle the “Don’t care”?
I answered all these questions during the course, I’m interested to hear your answer.