I give the Scrum User Group Bordeaux (11 May 2010) meeting an 8 out of 10.
What I like about the meeting is that
-There is a vivit community
– that it happens inside a company that brings new people to the community
– there were lots of people from this company.
– there was a game.
– I knew at least one person
– I had no problem connecting with other people
– very timeboxed and most of the timeboxes where respected.
– An introduction about Philippe to present briefly the scrum community
– An explanaition about scrum gatherings
– time for the sponsor (important to find new sponsors)
– drinks at the end
– Respect for the families of the people joining (sustainable place)
– I could put my kids into bed after the meting
– I found the location quickly (thanks to a great co-driver)
To give it a ten:
– Have 1 meeting every month:
– have a 15 minute introduction to scrum every time
– have every introduction done by another ‘expert’, to learn more people presenting scrum and hear multiple views
– me being able to not feel guilty when leaving a user group early