As part of my first year of my GTO training, I have to do an exam Psychology next Wednesday.
Next to the things I learned about ratifications on which I posted in blogs about positive and negative ratifications and 5 conditions for effective punishments
I also learned a few surprising things while reading / studying the book Psychology from Marc Brysbaert:
- The main cause of a flatulence ulcer (maagzweer) is a bacterium. (And not stress) [P. 587]
- Schizophrenia is not the same as multiple personality disorder [P. 600]
- People with a high IQ at 11 year live longer. [P. 526] And it’s a myth that these children have problems in other parts of their life.
- Myers-Briggs-Type-Indicator (MBTI) is not reliable. Apparently have different investigations proven that of people that retake the test 5 weeks later, 50% get a different result. [P. 551]
- Midlife crisis does not exist [P 475]